Monday, April 27, 2009

You Too Can Own Super Expensive (And Super Creepy) Wax Figures Of Your Favorite Geek Icons

 

zombie-jacksonkirk-spock

 

Since you're reading this site, I'm assuming you're a big lover of geeky things like comic books, movies, sci-fi, etc.  So I'm assuming that you'd be into knowing about something involving rather . . . unique . . . collectible items.  And if you're at all a fan of interesting collectible, and you happen to have a ton of spare cash laying around, you may want to look at this list of items available for purchase.

 

It turns out the Hollywood Wax Museum has become a bit overstocked with celebrity figures, and they've decided to sell off some of their older, less popular figures.  The list of figures they are selling is rather impressive too.  Most of them are movie characters, and a suprisingly large percentage of those are icones from some wide ranging geek favorite properties.  Pictured above are wax figures of a Zombie Michael Jackson from the thriller music video and Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock from Star Trek.  Other notable figures that can be purchased are Dr. Zaius from Planet of the Apes, Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminator, The Alien from the film Alien, Mr. T, Christopher Reeves as Superman, a Klingon, Beetlejuice, Batman and the Joker from Tim Burton's Batman, Hulk Hogan, Indiana Jones, Bruce Willis as John McClane, Dick Tracy, Kevin Sorbo as Hercules, Zorro, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Maul, Padme Amidala, Morpheus from The Matrix, Abraham Lincoln and many, many more.

 

Most of the statues have starting bids between $3,000 to $5,000 so they won't come cheap, but if you've always wanted your very own life size Kevin Sorbo in your home, now's your chance.  I have to say though, the inherent creepiness of the figures sort of puts me off.  They're all really creepy looking, to the point where I wouldn't feel comfortable having these things in my home for fear that they might come alive one night and kill me in my sleep.  They just don't look right.  Even if I had the money, I wouldn't pay for one of these things.

 

Ok, that isn't entirely true.  There was one figure I would willingly pay for if I had the cash.  It's this one right here:

 

i-would-totally-buy-this-statue

 

Come on . . . . . it's Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman.  Can you blame me?  Aside from being the only wax figure I saw in the entire catalog that wasn't super creepy . . . . . it's Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman.  Who doesn't want a sexy Catwoman just sitting around their house, am I right?

 

Anyways, the auctions for the figures are only open for another four days, so if you want any of these creepy, geeky pieces of memorabilia, you'd better act fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment