Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Burger King + Sir Mix-A-Lot + Spongebob Squarepants = The God Damned Greatest Music Video Ever!!!

 



 

Oh . . . . . my . . . . . god!!!

 

In the thirty one years I have lived on this planet, I have seen some truly strange and outlandish things.  Nothing that I have ever experienced though could have ever prepared me for the absolutely insane and amazing awesomeness that is the new Burger King commercial for Spongebob Squarepants kids meals.

 

It's sheer level of ridiculousness instantly makes it one of the greatest things I have ever seen.  The concept of the Burger King rapping to a cover of Sir Mix-A-Lot's hit song Baby Got Back about the greatness of women with square butts, all in order to sell kids meals about a popular children's cartoon character, is so outlandish and so completely batshit insane that I was almost moved to tears.  My brain is still trying to process the unusual images and sounds my eyes and ears just sent it.  I think my brain is actually trying to deny what it experienced.  It just can't cope with the awesomeness of what it just saw.

 

It's moments like this when I think I should just end my day right now.  I should just go home and go back to bed because today just reached its peak.  Nothing else today can possibly hope to compare to what I just witnessed, so I may as well go back to sleep and wait to see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

  1. honestly I found it disturbing. What demographic are they trying to reach there?

    ReplyDelete