Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Geek Item Of The Week - 04/01/09

tauntaun

 

UPDATE:  Ok, I'm sorry but I have to come clean.  This is an April Fool's Day joke.  I know, it's mean.  I couldn't help myself.  ThinkGeek had put this up as part of their April Fool's Day jokes, and I loved it so much I had to post it.  What's funny though is that this has gotten such a massive response from customers who wanted it that they have promised to contact Lucasfilm to actually try to get this thing made.  I wish them luck.  And if they do ever make it, there sure as hell had better be an adult sized one.

 

Tauntaun Sleeping Bag

 

And I thought they smelled bad . . . on the outside!

 

Oh my god!  I can't believe no one has ever made this before.  Looking at it in the picture above, it seems like the most natural piece of merchandising one can think of, yet somehow we have gone almost 30 years now and this is the first time someone has ever made something this awesome.

 

A Tauntaun sleeping bag.  Wow.  My mind is reeling right now.  We all remember the scene, right?  Luke is injured after the Wampa attack.  Han has found him, but his Tauntaun dies from the cold and they have no way back to base.  To keep luke alive, he uses Luke's lightsaber and slices open the still warm on the inside beast and shoves luke in.  Now, you too can recreate that very scene yourself with this truly awesome sleeping bag.

 

It even has a glowing lightsaber on the zipper so you can pretend you are slicing open the fallen pack animal.  And the inside design of the bag has even been made to look like the intestines of the creature.  Hell, even its head can be used as a pillow.

 

The only problem with this sleeping bag at all is that it's only for kids and maybe small adults.  In what I can only see as a glaring oversight, they didn't make these available in adult sizes which just makes me want to question their sanity.  I would kill for one of these things in my size.  It's only five feet long, and I'm 6'2" so there's no way in hell I'm fitting inside that thing.

 

Please hear me people over at ThinkGeek.  Please make this in adult sizes.

 

Stupid kids today.  They get all the cool stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment