Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Guess Who Has A Cameo In Terminator: Salvation

arnold

 

Ever since official word came down that a fourth Terminator film was being made, speculation has been rampant as to whether or not Arnold Schwarzenegger would take a day off from running the State of California and would return to acting to don the leather jacket and black shades of the Terminator once again.  Rumors have been flying ever since that first day, some saying he will, others saying he won't.  The director and the studio have also been incredibly non-responsive to this particular question, which of course has only gone on to fuel the fire of the rumors.

 

Well, it looks like we finally have our answer . . . . . sort of.

 

MTV is reporting that they have gotten confirmation from actor Terry Crews, who will also be appearing in the film, that Arnold Schwarzenegger will indeed have a cameo in the film.  Exactly what his role will entail though, no one knows.

 
Various sources have speculated whether Arnold will have a line, or simply appear body-wise as a T-800 machine. Crews said that the May 21st film’s shoot was so secretive, he has no idea.

 

“I don’t know; I haven’t seen it. They only gave out pages of the script,” Crews remembered. “It was crazy. It was very, very secretive. Believe me - when you see it, that will be the first time I saw it.”

 

So what will it be?  Will arnold show up for some actual screen time?  Will he have any dialogue?  Will he only be there to look cool, or will he only be doing voice over work?  If you ask me though, none of that matters.  To me the real question is this . . . Who cares what his role is?  It's Arnold Fucking Schwarzenegger!!!  I don't care what he does in the film, just so long as he's involved with it somehow. 

 

The man is THE Terminator.  You can't make a Terminator film without having him have at least some small part in it.  To even try otherwise would be blasphemy!  Thank god, I say, for the fact that McG had enough sense to bring Arnold in, even if he's only onscreen for 30 seconds, or if we only hear his voice.  Whatever it is, it's going to be one of those great fanboy moments that'll make me almost wet my pants with joy when it happens.

 

This is just one more reason, piled onto a bunch of others now, that makes me really excited for this film.  It's funny, if you had told me when the film was first announced that I would be excited to see a possibly PG-13 Terminator film directed by McG of all people, I would have laughed in your face and mocked you and then told you to shut up because you obviously didn't know me very well at all.  But here we are, a few months away from the film's release and I'm actually excited to see it.  The trailers have looked good, McG won me over with his enthusiasm for the project back at Wonder Con earlier this year, and now I find out Arnold will be in it?  Fuck yeah!  I'm excited now.  I'm not ashamed to admit it.

 

Just don't let me down McG.  Hell hath no fury like a fanboy scorned by a crappy sequel of a beloved sci-fi property.

No comments:

Post a Comment