Monday, April 13, 2009

Gambit And Deadpool Speak



 

A couple of new TV commercials for the upcoming Wolverine film have come out.  Instead of the same old clips though that we've seen over and over in the other trailers and commercials, these new ads focus on the supporting characters.  Specifically of interest to me were the above ad featuring Gambit and the video included below featuring Deadpool.

 



 

As far as I can recall, this is the first time we've heard the actor who is playing Gambit speak in character.  I always imagined his accent would be a bit thicker, but maybe that's just me.  As for Ryan Reynolds playing Deadpool, I think he'll do great.  Unfortunately, I've heard a lot of bad rumors about what happens to deadpool in the film though, so chances are we'll only be seeing Ryan Reynolds for a few minutes on screen.

 

You can see more ads over at IO9, including ads featuring Sabretooth, John Wraith and the clawed one himself . . . Wolverine. 

 

What I want to know though is why doesn't Blob get an ad?  What, is Fox uncomfortable with advertising a heavyset character?  That's weightism if you ask me.  Someone should sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment