Thursday, April 16, 2009

Eye On Springfield Reminds Me Why I Used To Love The Simpsons

 

i-always-loved-the-character-of-martin-he-is-so-great

 

I've mentioned before that while I used to be a huge fan of The Simpsons many years ago, ever since about the 10th season or so I just sort of lost interest.  I don't know whether it was because the writing on the show just wasn't as good anymore, or whether it was just that my tastes had changed as I got older.  Whatever it was, I ended up becoming a huge fan of Futurama instead and just sort of forgot all about The Simpsons.

 

However, I just stumbled upon a great blog called Eye On Springfield (named after the local TV show in The Simpsons that is hosted by that quintessential newsman Kent Brockman) and it has reminded me why I used to love The Simpsons so much.  The main focus of the blog are daily postings of screengrabs from episodes in the first nine seasons of the show.  Why only the first nine seasons?  Well, here's how the blog describes itself:

 
Eye On Springfield is a retrospective of Simpsons hilarity spanning from seasons 1 to 9, when it was still funny.

 

I can't say that I disagree with that logic.  Although, even if you're still a huge fan of the show, there's a lot to be found and loved at this site.  Each day, new screengrabs are posted that highlight some great moment in simpsons history.  Some are big moments and are easily recognizable, but most are smaller, almost forgotten jokes that are truly worthy of being re-discovered and enjoyed.  One of my personal favorites is the photo above of Bart wearing glasses and Martin looking shocked.  Here's another one I really love:

 

lousy-smarch-weather

 

Lousy Smarch weather!!!

 

If you ever were, or still are, a Simpsons fan then the site is definitely worth checking out.  There's bound to be something on there that will make you chuckle at least a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment