Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Geek DVD Day - 04/14/09

Ok, so it's another slow week for geek DVD's.  And when I say slow, I mean really REALLY slown.  To be honest, only one film came out that's of any note whatsoever, and that film is The Spirit.  Otherwise, I scoured the new release pages over at Amazon hoping for anything at all that was worth posting.  Alas, there was nothing to be had.  So I apologize, but this week's list is exactly one item long.  That's all there is to see.  Sorry.  Hopefully next week will be better.

 

 The Spirit (Two-Disc Special Edition + Digital Copy)

 

The Only Thing Out This WeekThe Spirit

 

Should you watch it?  That really depends on your tastes.  I'd say that if you are at all a fan of the Spirit comics, I'd suggest against watching it.  The Spirit from the comics is not the same person as the Spirit in this movie.  The character is all wrong and fans of the comics will be very angry.

 

If you've never read a Spirit comic, it's possible you'll like the film.  Just be warned, don't go in expecting a dark or gritty film.  This film is campy on a level not seen since the last time Adam West and Burt Ward wore tights.  It's over the top in its cheese.  It's campy to the point of absurdity.  Personally, I enjoyed it for being so silly, but I know a lot of people won't like that.  So rent it first.  If you like it, then go buy it.  If you hate it, well, join the incredibly large mass of people known as the majority of the movie going public.

No comments:

Post a Comment