Thursday, April 9, 2009

Here's The Simpsons Stamps I Mentioned Earlier

simpsons-stamps

 

As promised, These are the official Simpsons US postage stamps I mentioned a week or so ago.  They are set to come out later this year.

 

Personally, I'm kind of disappointed.  They're really plain.  I don't know what I was really hoping for here, but somehow I feel that I was expecting a little more than this.  While these are ok and all, they're nowhere near as cool looking as the mythological creature stamps that the UK is getting which were drawn by Dave McKean.

 

I feel gipped.

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious why they look like the first drawings of the Simpsons I've ever seen NOT draw by Matt Groening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I was wondering why they went with art that looked like it was from the early seasons when the character models weren't as pretty as they are today. Homer looks a lot like the season one, crappily drawn Homer as opposed to the smoothed out and rounded Homer of today that is prettier to look at. And yes, I just called Homer pretty. So what?

    ReplyDelete