Monday, April 13, 2009

A Bit Late I Know, But Whatever . . . Deal With It

supper-1

 

Yeah, I know this is late.  I meant to post this on Friday, but things got busy at work and I didn't have time to post it before I went home and got absorbed into playing some Resident Evil 5 (which I finally beat over the weekend with the help of my Friend Aaron, thanks Aaron).

 

Anyways, for those of you who are of the spiritually Christian persuasion, last Sunday was Easter.  For you pagans, it was some sort of spring fertility festival or something.  For us non-believers, it was a day in which all the stores were closed and we had to go hang out with our families because there was pretty much nothing else to do.

 

To celebrate this occasion, in proper nerdy fashion, I offer you this website which has a ton of amazing adaptations of Leonardo da Vinci's famous painting The Last Supper.  There are a ton of great adaptations on that page, and I mean that in all seriousness.  There are a LOT of them.   I've gone ahead though and picked out my three favorites for you here.  Pictured above is a great rendition of The Last Supper featuring many of the great marketing icons of the food industry.  Most people would probably assume that the Hamburgler is taking on the role of Judas in this image, but I disagree.  I totally think that the Grimace is Judas.  I've never trusted that Grimace.  If you look carefully at the full sized image, you'll notice that he's actually wearing a Burger King crown.  He is the true betrayer of Ronald, and he shall spend an eternity in hell for it.

 

 

supper-2

 

 

Batman as Jesus?  I'm totally for it!!!

 

 

supper-3

 

Am I alone here in thinking that Vader's pose suggests that he is screaming, "Where is that damn waitress!?!?!  I specifically told here light sauce on my pasta primavera!  I said LIGHT SAUCE!!!  And where's my iced tea?  Everyone here has a drink but me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment