Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Two Great Star Trek Clips Make Me Super Happy



 

I swear, every single clip I see from the new Star Trek movie gets me more and more excited to see this film.  First off, there's the above clip, in which we see Karl Urban's dead on perfect portrayal of Dr. McCoy.  Urban seems perfect for the role.  He's got just the right mix of cranky, angry and slightly crazy that is Dr. Bones McCoy.  Wow, talk about absolutely nailing a role.

 

And speaking of nailing (nude nudge, wink wink), here's a great clip of Kirk hitting on Uhura at a local bar.  This is an extended clip that shows us the setup of what will be the bar fight in which Kirk takes on four Starfleet cadets.  I love how Kirk comes off as both smarmy yet smooth while at the same time being totally arrogant and full of himself all at the same time.  This is exactly how I always imagined a young James T. Kirk.

 



 

If this film ends up sucking, I'm going to be pretty much devastated.  After trying for a long time not to get too excited by the prospect of a new Trek film (and a reboot at that), I can't help myself at this point.  Between the trailers and the TV commercials and the clips like this that get out, I'm beginning to enter a full blown Star Trek Mania.  It's going to get bad folks.  I'm just warning you now.  Be prepared.  And if it does end up sucking I'm most likely going to be spending the rest of the summer curled up in my apartment in a little ball crying like a baby as I swig whiskey straight from the bottle.

 

Let's all hope that doesn't happen.  After the horribleness that was Episode I, my liver won't be able to hold out during another bout like that.

 

(Via ToplessRobot and SciFi Wire)

No comments:

Post a Comment