Thursday, April 2, 2009

Cool Star Wars Stuff (For Real This Time)

r2

 

Ok, so I feel really bad about posting that article yesterday about the Tauntaun sleeping bag even though I knew it was only a joke.  It was mean of me to do, and I feel guilty.  While we wait desperately to see if Lucasfilm will give the folks over at ThinkGeek the rights to make the most awesomest sleeping bag of all time, I wanted to make things up to you by posting some other cool Star Wars stuff that actually is available.

 

Over at StarWars.com, they've posted up an article showcasing some of their upcoming beach and pool accessories.  Among the items available are gigantic inflatable pool floats in the shape of an X-Wing and the millennium Falcon, a Death Star beach ball, and those kickass kites I posted about a while back.

 

As is usually the case though, the item I loved the most isn't available yet.  It's the totally kickass R2-D2 floating booze holder pictured above.  Yes, I know it's probably meant for kids and should therefore hold other drinks like soda or juice or something.  Whatever.  All I want from this thing is for it to serve me tasty booze as I float alongside it in my giant inflatable X-Wing.  In my world, R2 only ever serves alcohol just like he did on Jabba's sail barge.  That's the way the world should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment