Monday, April 20, 2009

This Is What Happens When Venus Fly Traps Are Hit By Gamma Radiation

 

how-does-this-thing-survive-in-freezing-temperatures-with-no-fur-to-protect-it

 

Actually, this is the concept art for that giant ice creature we've been seeing in all of the commercials and TV spots for the upcoming Star Trek film directed by JJ Abrams.  I personally like my headline better.  It feels more accurate.

 

The creature was designed by a guy named Neville Page, who previously worked with Abrams when he designed the Cloverfield monster which I totally guessed because that was the first thing I thought when I saw this monster in the trailers.  I thought to myself, "Why the hell did JJ Abrams put the Cloverfield Monster in the Star Trek movie.  That's kind of stupid."

 

The real question, of course, is how James T. Kirk is supposed to defeat that thing after he's been stranded on an ice planet all alone with no weapons?  My guess, if they're really staying true to the original characters in this film, is that Kirk will seduce it and have sex with it.  Then, while it is pining over him, he'll find a conveniently located shuttlecraft and will make a hasty escape to space.  That is, afterall, the typical Kirk strategy.

No comments:

Post a Comment