Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Doctor Who Trailer For The 2009 Easter Special



 

This is a bad year for us Doctor Who fans.  What with there being no regular season of the show this year and only the four holiday specials to keep us held over until the show fully restarts next year, we're left Doctorless for long periods of time.

 

This is why any new little bit of Doctor related news makes me happy, and this new trailer for the 2009 Easter special makes me especially happy.  Entitled Planet of the Dead, the new special seems to have the Doctor stuck on a double decker bus in the middle of a giant desert, surrounded by a giant swarm of baddies that want to either kill or eat him, I can't tell which.

 

It looks pretty good though.  I can't wait to see it.  If its anywhere near as good as the Christmas special was with its gigantic steampunk cyberman robot, then we're in for a real treat.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. It looks like somebody at BBC watched Jumper and Pitch Black back-to-back and said, "Aha! That gives me an idea for the new Doctor Who special..."
    And I hope Michell Ryan does better in this than the new Bionic Woman series.
    In any case, it's more of the Tenth Doctor, so even if it is lame, I will still appreciate it for continuing that character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. I'm always happy just watching David Tennant being . . . well . . .David Tennant! He's just great to watch.

    ReplyDelete