Monday, April 20, 2009

When Did Bumblebee Become A Co-Dependent Little Bitch?



 

Ok, so I'll be honest and say that I enjoyed the first Transformers film.  Yes, it admittedly had a number of problems (and by that I mean a ton) and it was by no means a great film, but it was also a cheesy fun popcorn eating sort of action film.  It was pretty much what I expect from a big summer Michael Bay film . . . brainless, but pretty (hey, just like Megan Fox).

 

I msut note though something that is seriously bugging me though about the new sequel that's coming out this summer.  Above are some new scenes that have been released to the public from the film, and the first scene bothers me a lot.  Exactly when did Bumblebee become a crying little bitch robot?  And exactly what is that fluid he's crying?  He's a robot for god's sake, he doesn't have tears.  Is he leaking lubricant out of his eye sockets?  Why would a robot be built to do that?  This is even worse than having to watch Bumblebee pee on that one guy in the first film, and that was pretty damn bad.

 

Also, how did his voice break again?  Didn't they fix that at the end of the first film?  I was really annoyed that he spoke using radio channels in the first film and was looking forward to seeing him actually speak in this film, but apparently that's not going to happen.

 

There's also some fighting and action scenes in the clip that don't look too bad, so I'll still most likely be able to enjoy this film too just so long as I don't actually try to think about it or anything.  But the idea of Bumblebee crying over being left behind by Shia La Beef just makes my stomach curl.  It's so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment