Friday, April 3, 2009

Wolverine Has A Problem With Leakage

xmen-origins-wolverine-poster

 

What has everyone's favorite funky-haired mutant death machine so sad that he's crying like a little girl?  Well, it looks like an early copy of his new movie has been leaked onto the internet.

 

Earlier this week, an early production copy of X-Men Origins: Wolverine was posted online by an unknown party and was made available for download for the whole of the internets.  Fox pictures acted quickly and got the site hosting the film to be shut down, but by then the damage had been done and the film started popping up on several popular bit torrent sites.  It's still out there if you look hard enough. 

 

However, Fox is now telling fans not to judge the film by the version they have gotten online, since it is an early version of the film and will bare little resemblance to the finished product.  The chairman of Fox pictures himself, Mr. Tom Rothman, had the following to say about the leaked version.

 
"The version that went out is unfinished. It's about 10 minutes shorter, doesn't have key scenes, it wasn't edited, and none of the effects shots were in any remotely final form. It's a complete misrepresentation of the film and is deeply unfair to the people who have worked on it for years."

 

Personally, I'm going to pass on seeing this early version.  Even though the piratey fanboy in me is yelling at me to go download it, I'm going to wait until I can see the film as it was meant to be seen . . . as a finished product and on the big screen.  Does this mean I'll never download the early version?  No.  If anything, I'll be interested in watching the leaked version after I've paid to see the finished film in the theaters just so I can compare the two and see how much they differ. 

 

I'm a sucker for behind the scenes sort of stuff, and it's a rare opportunity when a chance like this comes along to see how a film is changed during the post production process.  Getting to see how adding or editing out certain scenes can affect a film's pacing, as well as what proper music and special effects can add to that film really intrigues me.

 

I'm really looking forward to this film though, and as with all comic book movies I want it to do really well, so I will definitely be going to the theater to give it some of my money and to support it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment