Friday, October 10, 2008

Twilight Looks...Really Really Girly

 

 

I realize I'm not the target audience for the Twilight movie.  I know the book was written for young adult female readers.  And me, being neither young nor female (although still only arguably an adult) am definitely not who this movie is being marketed towards.

 

So take that for what it is when I say that the new Twilight trailer makes the film look like a total Vampire chick flick.  The hero is all pale and brooding, yet with perfect hair.  There's a scene in a gazebo that's covered in christmas lights, he says to the female lead "You are my world now".  I'm sure young girls everywhere are swooning.  Me, I'm not impressed.

 

I think I'll skip this film.  Unless I happen to transform into a 15 year old girl anytime soon, I'm pretty sure it won't be my cup of tea.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, you're probably right about the movie. Although the fight scene looks promising...and Cam and Robert were covered in honey, chicken, and Swiss cheese during it...so that's something. I still think you'd like the books, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete