Friday, October 17, 2008

The 20 Most Awesome SciFi TV Theme Songs



 

IO9.com has a great list up called The 20 Most Awesome SciFi TV Theme Songs.  It's a really good list too.  It has everything from Dr. Who to Knight Rider to the original Battlestar Galactica included on the list.

 

The list isn't a Top 20 list, however.  So there's no ranking system here, it's just a straight up list of twenty really awesome TV themes.  I think my favorite on the list though has to be Star Trek: The Next Generation.  It was a toss up for me really between the two Star Trek themes.  The theme from the original series is so classic and fun, but TNG's theme won me over for it's seriousness. 

 

It starts out quiet, giving you the first notes very subtly while you are treated to what was at the time great CG (and is still better effects than most of the shows you'd see on the Scifi channel).  The theme sets the mood for you before giving you your first glimpse of the Enterprise at the same time the theme starts to pick up.  Then the ship goes to Warp Speed and the full theme breaks, and awesomeness is achieved.  And let's not forget Patrick Stewart's voiceover of the classic Star Trek opening.  His voice alone makes me wish I could sign up for Starfleet and enjoy the galaxy.

 

I must admit though, that while Star Trek has been responsible for two of the greatest scifi theme songs of all time, it is also responsible for the worst.  Ugh, I hated that theme, but I loved the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment