Monday, October 13, 2008

25 Butt-Kicking Babes



 

Entertainment Weekly has a fun list up right now called 25 Butt-kicking Babes in which they list...well...25 hot women who kick some serious ass.

 

The list is filled with geek-worthy characters too, so it's appropriately linked to here.  I must say I was stoked to see Eowyn from Lord of the Rings get on the list.  She was one of my favorite characters from those books, and she's often overlooked as a great female role model.  And I was amused to see Summer Glau have not one, but two separate placings on this list.  She's listed both for her role as River Tam from Firefly as well as her current role of Cameron, the Terminator on Sarah Connor Chronicles.

 

And for once, I totally agree with who EW lists as the #1 Butt-kicking babe of all time.  Sarah Michelle Gellar as Buffy The Vampire Slayer.  Buffy totally deserves the top spot on this list.  If you were to put Buffy up against any of the other 24 women listed here, she'd whoop all of them.  In fact, she could probably take out two or three of them at a time if need be (I'm looking at you Charlie's Angels).  That's how badass Buffy is.  She's the slayer, after all, so she has super strength , speed and durability and she heals faster too.  It's a no brainer.

 

I think the only one who could possibly go toe to toe with her would be River Tam, and that's only because she's so smart she could anticipate Buffy's movements.

 

What do you think of the list?  Disagree with my assessment of Buffy's abilities?  Let me know in the comments.

 

Many thanks go to my good friend Christina for pointing this list out to me. Christina is a fellow geek and may one day even be a conttributor here at Geek-tastic if she can ever find time to break away from the billiards table. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment