Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lots Of Cool Facts About Disney's Haunted Mansion



 

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a die hard Disney geek.  I've been going to Disneyland since I was a baby, and I grew up constantly watching the Disney Channel (this was back in the 80's when all they showed were classic Disney specials from 50's and 60's).  Due to this, I'm an avid lover of all things "Classic Disney".  I'm also a huge Disney fact nerd.  There's not much I can think of that I love more than reading about and learning all sorts of random Disney facts and trivia.

 

One of my favorite attractions at Disneyland is the Haunted Mansion (it's tied for my favorite spot with Pirates of the Caribbean).  So I was delighted today to see this article over at MentalFloss that offered a bunch of cool facts about the Haunted Mansion.

 

Sure, most of them I already knew, but I figured I'd share anyways.  There's bound to be stuff in there that I bet you didn't know.  For example:

 



Recycling Organs. Not those type of organs – pipe organs. If you visit Disneyland in Anaheim, take a close look at the organ in the ballroom scene. It’s the original prop from the 1954 Disney Film 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It used to belong to Captain Nemo, but now it’s entertaining ghosts who are permanently partying. It fit in so perfectly that an exact replica was made for the Mansion at Disneyworld and Tokyo Disneyland. This photo is from DoomBuggies as well - click the link to learn more about the organ and how it was altered to fit in with its new home.




 

I bet you didn't know that one, did you?  How cool is that though?  That's a prop from an awesome Disney film, and you never even knew it was there.

 

There's a bunch more to learn from reading the article.  And if you're dying for more info on the Haunted Mansion (dying, get it? Ok, I'm sorry, that was bad) then you definitely need to check out www.doombuggies.com.  You won't find a better, more detailed fan site about the Mansion anywhere else on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment