Friday, October 10, 2008

Enjoy A Drink While Laughing At The Death Of Hundreds Of People

 



 

Don't get me wrong, I find this both funny and awesome.  But at the same time I also have to recognize how entirely wrong this is.  Someone has gone and decided to make ice cube molds in the shape of the Titanic and a couple of icebergs.  You can then drop them into your favorite cocktail and watch them melt away as they slowly "sink" into your beverage.  They're even calling the item the Gin & Titonic.

 

While this strikes me as really funny, and I totally want these ice cube trays, I realize that I am ok with this because the tragedy involved here happened almost 100 years ago, plus I don't know anyone who died in the incident.  It just makes me wonder what the appropriate time is before you are allowed to make tacky items about tragic events to sell to others as novelty items.

 

How long will it be before we're allowed to sell things like World Trade Center fireworks, where the tops of the buildings blow off and start a large fountain of colored sparkles that shoot off into the air before the buildings themselves crumble to the ground?  I give it 30 years, tops.

 

(Via Geekologie)

No comments:

Post a Comment