Monday, October 20, 2008

George F'n Lucas



 

As promised earlier today, here's the really crappy picture of George Lucas that I took on my cell phone at the Spike TV Scream Awards on Saturday Night.  That's Samuel L. Jackson on stage with him.  George was there to accept the Comic Con Icon Award at the end of the show.

 

I admit that I give George Lucas a lot of shit for what he's done to the Star Wars franchise.  I complain very loudly and very frequently about what I see as his failings as a writer.  But at the same time let it never be said that I do not respect the man for what he has accomplished in his life.  He created the movies that I love more than any other in this world.  His impact on my childhood and my life can never really be estimated properly.  So despite what I think of his current works, I was still giddy as a school boy when he came out on stage.  I was in awe, I admit it.  I was about 10 feet away from George Lucas.  That's something that I never thought would happen, but I'm so glad it did.

 

Also, here's a really cool flaming Batman logo I was able to get a pic of.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment