Monday, October 20, 2008

Now This Is What I Want To See In Clone Wars

 

 

Above is a promo clip for this Friday's episode of Star Wars: Clone Wars, and it looks like I might finally get to see some of the stuff I was hoping and praying would be included on the show.

 

The new episode doesn't seem to star ANY of the stars from the Movies.  Not a single one.  There's not even side characters in the clip.  It's nothing but clone troopers and droids.  This is the stuff I want to see.  Don't get me wrong here, I've enjoyed the last few episodes with Anakin and Obi-wan in them.  But let's face facts here, we all know that nothing is going to happen to them.  Their lives aren't in any real danger.  We know they have to survive because of their roles in the later movies.  As a result, their episodes while amusing aren't really filled with a whole lot of dramatic tension.  We know at the end of the day the good guys will win.

 

This weeks episode, who knows what could happen.  It's just a bunch of clone troopers.  They could all be killed for all we know.  This is what will make great episodes to me.  I want to see new characters, new places.  I want to see the tiny side stories that are too small to be covered in the movies.  A small platoon of troopers guarding some remote outpost?  Awesome!!!

 

I've been hoping that there will be episodes that will have nothing to do with the main Star Wars characters.  I don't want to see 100 episodes of the same six people over and over.  There's a whole galaxy spanning war going on, I want to see the small skirmishes, the minor battles.  And it looks like that's what we'll be treated to this weekend.

 

Woohoo!!!  I can't wait.  Now if I could just get an episode where the droid soldiers don't sound like mentally challenged five year old's, then I'll be super mega happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment