Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Wednesday Wes Rant!

So in honor of the eve of all saints day (big ups to my Catholics), I thought I could do a festive Halloween Wes style geezer rant. I thought about this one long and hard and nothing could come to me when, as Mr. Smead would say in Hook, I was struck by an apostrophe! Crawl out from under your rock if you've never seen this;

 



 

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown. A freaking classic. A complete and total trip down memory lane of awesome nighttime cartoons on ABC for the holidays! The Garfield Halloween Cartoon?! Okay before I lose track of myself and start ranting about the amazing California Raisins Halloween Special.

 

As an adult you can receive an entirely new depth of the classic Peanuts characters in Charles M. Schulz's peanuts comics (Wikipedia page: HERE). Really these strips reflect the characters as being so much more mature and humorous. I think Charlie Brown and his friends get a bad rap for being a comic strip, I really do. I think its high time we gave that comic respect.

 



 

Honest to god, THAT comic right there is the FIRST EVER Peanuts strip.

 

Perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment