Monday, October 20, 2008

Just Another Muppet Monday - The Star Wars Episode (Part 1)

 

 

This is hands down my favority Muppet Show Episode.  It's got to be one of, if not the best episode ever.

 

This is the Star Wars Episode of the Muppet Show.  In this episode, Mark Hamill appears as both Luke Skywalker (hero of the rebellion) and Mark Hamill (actor who loves to do impressions and sing).  R2-D2 and C-3PO are in the episode as well. 

 

This is also the episode that gives us Gonzo in a Darth Vader costume, which is itself a hilarious concept.  But what really makes me love this show is the fact that Mark Hamill is playing both himself the actor and Luke the character.  This leads to some confusion amongst the Muppet cast later on as they are confused as to why their guest keeps changing personalities and insists that he is not the other person.

 

There's a bunch of moments to love in this clip, such as Luke musing that it looks like they've landed on a comedy variet planet, or Mark Hamill doing a dancing comedian routine that Kermit doesn't like.  My favorite moment, however, is when Luke kicks open a door and barges into the room yelling "Remember Alderaan!!!" He then runs upstairs and yells "Down with the Empire!!!" and storms off stage.  I don't know why, but I love that bit.  This single scene to me is way cooler than anything that happened in Episode I.

 

Instead of giving you this episode in clips, I've been lucky enough to find the entire episode, broken into three parts, on youtube.  I'll give you part one this week.  Tune in next monday for part two.

No comments:

Post a Comment