Thursday, October 30, 2008

David Tennant Is Leaving Dr. Who



 

This news makes me very sad.  David Tennant, the amazing actor who has played the 10th Dr. Who, has announced he will be leaving the series after the four special movies of the show air next year.

 
David Tennant announced that he will quit as the title character in the BBC's Doctor Who, after becoming one of the most popular Time Lords in the history of the BBC science fiction show, the BBC reported.

 

Tennant stepped into the Tardis in 2005 and will leave the role after four special episodes are broadcast next year.

 

Tennant made the announcement after winning the outstanding drama performance prize at the National Television Awards. "When Doctor Who returns in 2010 it won't be with me," he said.

 

This really bums me out.  I am a huge fan of David Tennant's version of the Doctor.  Admittedly, it took me a few episodes to warm up to him, but that's only because I like Christopher Eccleston's Ninth Doctor so much.

 

I know, I know.  Chances are I'll like the new Doctor is, whoever they will be (current rumor has it will be Terrance Howard), but I'm still sad that Tennant is leaving the show.  Not only was he a cool Doctor, but I liked his style more than the other Doctors as well.  He usually wore a full suit, blue or brown with pinstripes, and converse hi-tops.  It was such a great outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment