Thursday, October 9, 2008

Richard Pryor Was A Bartender At The Mos Eisley Cantina

 

 

I am not making this up.  I'm not sure exactly where this comes from, but it looks to be an SNL skit from the late 70's, and it's about Richard Pryor being a bartender in what they call the "Star Wars Bar". 

 

What is really interesting though is it looks as if this was made with a full endorsement by George Lucas as the skit features the actual costumes and aliens from the Mos Eisley Cantina.  There's Hammerhead, the Wolf Man, a Duros, a drunken bith...there's even a Devaronian and a Rodian getting it on in the opening few seconds of the skit.  It's crazy.

 

I can't say that I've ever seen this before, and I'm shocked to know that I've never heard of it either.  I must be slipping in my old age.  My geek cred is slipping.

1 comment:

  1. Richard Pryor had his own show in the 70s. It only lasted 4 episodes because it was a little too controversial for the network. Honestly, it was also just hit and miss; too many misses to make it a successful show, especially when it competed with SNL. This is funny, though.

    ReplyDelete