Monday, October 20, 2008

Star Trek: The Experience Might Not Be Gone Forever



 

Oh man, I hope this happens.  It looks like we may not have seen the last of Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. 

 

After having been shut down back in September after 10 years at the Las Vegas Hilton, the Star Trek Experience may be given a second chance at life.  The managing editor of accessvegas.com, Ted Newkirk (I'm not making that name up, I swear) confirmed rumors of a possible new location for the attraction recently.

 
"Chances are good that the Neonopolis is seriously interested because Star Trek: The Experience is a destination attraction," Newkirk said. "People go out of their way to see it."

 




"The Las Vegas Hilton was NOT on the beaten path at all, nor did it cater to a clientele that would be drawn to STE," he explained. "People sought out STE and found the Hilton. They will do the same if STE moves downtown, but with an added bonus. Downtown already has a built-in audience filling thousands and thousands of hotel rooms. Many of those will go see STE for fun."

 

I can't say I've ever heard of Neonopolis before, and I've been to Vegas a bunch of times.  So after a little searching I found out that Neonopolis is an entertainment complex located in downtown Vegas.  It's on Las Vegas Blvd at the very north end of the strip, and thus far it's been a rather dismal commercial failure.  So maybe the Star Trek Experience could help breathe some new life into the center, especially with JJ Abrams' new Trek movie coming out next year.

 

I really hope this happens.  I was very sad to see the Experience close down.  I loved that place.  It was the only place I knew of where you could buy a six-pack of Romulan Ale or a bottle of Klingon Blood Wine.  And the food wasn't too bad either.  The biggest problem with the place, in my opinion, was its location.  The Hilton was way far away from the strip, and you either had to drive over there or take the monorail.  It was a pain in the ass to get to.

 

Having it on the strip, even if it is the far far north end of the strip, would be rad.  I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.  I miss going to Quark's bar and having a drink.  I want to go back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment