Thursday, October 16, 2008

Everything's Shiny In The Future



 

The new issue of entertainment weekly features a cover with the new Captain Kirk and Mr. Spock from J.J. Abrams' take on Star Trek, whichwill be hitting theaters next summer.

 

There's also a long article that you can check out here which gives a ton of information about the movie.  I know a lot of you out there may be actively trying to avoid spoilers for the film, so just this once I'll pass on revealing too much.  If you want to find stuff out, read the article.  If not, don't.  It's your call.

 

I, in the meantime, am going to mock the cover for making Kirk and Spock look really shiny.  Seriously, what's up with the lighting in this pic?  I count at least four separate sources of light on their faces.  What planet are they on that has four suns?  Why does everything in the future always have to be so shiny?  And since it is so shiny, why aren't they wearing sunglasses?

 

All personal issues with the cover aside though, I must admit that I liked this crew shot much better:

 



 

For those of you unfamiliar with who's who in this pic, from left to right we have Chekov, Kirk, Scotty, Dr. McCoy, Sulu and Uhura.

 

Is it just me, or does Scotty look pissed?

No comments:

Post a Comment