Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Our New President Is A Comic Book Geek



 

A little while back, I posted an article that said that one of the reasons Japan is cooler than the US is because their Prime Minister reads comic books.  Well imagine my suprise when I found out today that our newly elected, soon to be 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama also happens to read comic books.

 

According to an article in The Telegraph called Barack Obama: The 50 Facts You Might Not Know, our new president is a collector of Spider-man and Conan The Barbarian comics.  I wonder who his favorite Spidey villains are.  I'd love to sit down with our president and debate which Spidey costume was the coolest.  I'm also interested in finding out if Barack was also a big fan of the Conan movies, and whether he'll totally be internally geeking out when he gets to meet Arnold Schwarzenegger.

 

Also of geeky note on the list, Mr. Obama has read every Harry Potter book.  He's also left handed, which isn't necessarily geeky per se, but I think it's cool because I'm left handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment