Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm Sad I Don't Live In New York



 

The Blip Festival is a music festival that will be taking place in New York from December 4th through the 7th that features the best artists from the chipmusic scene.  Chipmusic is a style of music that is made by using the audio chips from old video game systems like the original Game Boy or the Commodore 64.

 

Basically, it sounds like old NES game music that has been remade into dance music...and its awesome.  For a bit more info about chipmusic and some great examples of how the songs sound, check this out.  Above is a video promo for the festival, which gives you a feel for how the music sounds, plus it's a fun little piece of animation all on its own.

 

I wish they did a Blip Festival in LA.  I would love to go to something like this, but New York is unfortunately a little too far away for me to get to.

 

At least I have this to listen to.  I can't listen to this song and not be happy.

 



 

(Via Offworld)

No comments:

Post a Comment