Friday, August 29, 2008

Who The Hell Is This Guy, And Why Is He Next To Voltron?



 

Just who in the hell is that guy?  His name is Max Makowski, and he's the new director for the Voltron live action movie.  Personally, I've never heard of the guy, but apparently he directed a critically acclaimed film about assassins called One Last Dance that was huge at the Sundance Film Festival and now he's been tapped to direct a big budget version of everyone's favorite colored lions.

 

I've never seen (nor heard) of One Last Dance either, but a quick search of youtube found the film's trailer.  The movie itself looks interesting, and it is beautifully shot, but goddamn if the narrator isn't as annoying as fuck.  It's like he's on purposely doing a bad impression of the guy who does every movie trailer narration. 

 

His film does look cool though.  It looks pretty.  So hopefully this guy will actually be able to make a good version of Voltron.  Although as is my cynical nature I will still continue to have my doubts until I see the film.  That's just what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment