Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The gates of Skywalker Ranch



 

As promised, I did manage to make a drive up to Skywalker Ranch this weekend during my trip to San Francisco.  I took some photos of the two front gates and have added the pics to Geek-tastic's flickr account.

 

They're not the most exciting pics, to be sure.  I'm not much of a photographer, and I didn't really have the balls to buzz at the gate and try to get in.  For all I know, George Lucas has his own private ninja force who will drop down from the trees and assassinate anyone who buzzes at the gate and mocks him for things like Jar Jar and Ziro the Hutt.

 

I figured it would be better to play it safe.  The Pics really don't do the area justice though.  I do have to admit Lucas has good taste in geography.  The area is beautiful.  Just north of San Rafael you get off at Lucas Valley road and travel west for about 8 miles to get to the farther gate (the one pictured above).  The other gate is only about 5 miles west of the 101.  The road to the gates is secluded and twisted and takes you past cows and homes and absolutely gorgeous trees and hills.

 

It was actually fun driving out there, I can see why Lucas chose that spot to build his Evil Empire home.  I do wish one day to get beyond those gates (legally of course).  Perhaps if I get lucky and this site becomes even vaguely popular I can someday be granted press access to the grounds so I can interview people there and ask them why no one tells George ideas like Ziro the Hutt are so horribly bad. 

 

Hey, it could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment