Thursday, August 14, 2008

Robert Downey Jr. doesn't think much of the Dark Knight, or DC comics for that matter

 



 

In an interview with moviehole.net, Robert Downey Jr. was asked his opinion of the one film that beat his film Iron Man at the box office this summer...the Dark Knight.  His response was pretty damn funny.

 
"My whole thing is that that I saw 'The Dark Knight'. I feel like I'm dumb because I feel like I don't get how many things that are so smart. It's like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and script writing and I'm like, 'That's not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.' I loved 'The Prestige' but didn't understand 'The Dark Knight'. Didn't get it, still can't tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I'm like, 'I get it. This is so high brow and so fucking smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.' You know what? Fuck DC comics. That's all I have to say and that's where I'm really coming from."

 

Of course, Mr. Downey Jr. is probably a tiny bit biased here, seeing as how Marvel Comics made him more than enough money to keep him knee-deep in cocaine and prostitues for the rest of his life  And he's probably just a little bitter that a film starring a clown has more than doubled the amount of money his movie made in the US.

 

But that's ok.  He's Tony Stark for god's sake.  He can do and say whatever the hell he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment