Thursday, August 7, 2008

At least the GI Joe live action movie is getting one thing right (sort of)



At the San Diego comic con last month, Hasbro showed off some new movie posters from the forthcoming GI Joe live action movie; Rise of Cobra.  The posters show some of the characters from the film, and while I am certainly still scared that the film is going to suck beyond imagining, I'm at least comforted in the knowledge that the Baroness is going to be hot.

Sure, her glasses should have thick black frames, but at least she looks like the character from the comics and cartoon.  It's something to be happy about, even if it's a small thing.  Now we can only hope she has her hot eastern-European accent in the film.

You can check out the other posters here.  Along with the Baroness, you'll find posters for Snake Eyes, Scarlett and Heavy Duty (why the hell they didn't use Roadblock instead I'll never understand).

-Patrick

P.S. On a related note, while looking for good pics of the posters, I came across this flickr account with a bunch of pics from the set of the film.  It has a good collection of images I hadn't seen yet

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm. Christopher Eccleston (the Ninth Doctor) as Destro could be good. He has the ability to be dark, so I think he can pull it off. I'm a little worried about Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Cobra Commander, tho. I haven't seen his later stuff, so every time I see him I can only think of Tommy from 3rd Rock. And while Cobra Commander is not exactly a character you can take seriously, being the world's most evil loser, Tommy he ain't.

    ReplyDelete