Wednesday, August 13, 2008

For a Persian prince, he's pretty dirty



 

Over at justjared they recently posted up the above picture of Jake Gyllenhaal from the set of the upcoming Prince of Persia movie.

 

When I had first heard that Gyllenhaal had been cast as the main character from the film, I was admittedly worried.  Afterall, he's not...you know...Persian.  And I was especially annoyed because the original casting rumor was a guy named John Abrahim, an actual gods-honest Prince from Persia who also happened to be a world class fencer.  Too good to be true, right?

 

So Disney went with Gyllenhaal for some reason, and I just didn't get it.  But seeing this pic gives me hope.  He's gotten buff, grown his hair out, and actually sort of looks like the character from the game, who in case you are unfamiliar with, looks like this:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment