Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's Time To Get Lost Again

 

 

After an eight month hiatus, Lost returns tonight on ABC.  And while I'm not nearly as pumped up for this return as I was for Battlestar's return last Friday, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to getting back into lost and trying to figure out just what in the hell is going on in that show.

 

It amazes me how for four straight seasons a show has managed to not really answer any of the questions it has brought up, but still manages to make for completely compelling TV viewing.  It's almost as if it's hypnotic.  Maybe that's why Ben has those big creepy bug eyes.  He's hypntizing us to watch more of the show, even though he knows every episode only brings more frustration as what you thought was going to be an answer to something only raises four more questions.

 

Since it's been a while between last year's season finale and now, TV Guide has put together a handly little list that explains what was going on with each major character on the show as last season ended.  It's a pretty good way of catching up in preparation for tonight's premiere.

 

Maybe this season they'll finally explain what the hell that giant statue of the four toed foot was all about, but somehow I doubt it.

1 comment:

  1. Mary and I are finally catching up on this. We're about halfway through Season 4 and I expect to be done with it by this weekend. Season 3 had a slow stretch towards the middle, but when the writers and producers had their powow and realized their tactics--3 month mid-season hiatus mixed with no clear endpoint--weren't working in their favor, they fixed it by finalizing an end date for the series and starting their season later and avoiding the long hiatus. I give them all a big thumbs up; the improvement shows.

    ReplyDelete