Friday, January 30, 2009

Geek Item Of the Week - 01/30/09

sw-kites

 

3D Star Wars Kites

 

I know it's the middle of January right now, and going out into the freezing cold to fly a kite probably isn't very high on everyone's "To Do" lists right now, but these kites are so damn cool I had to share them with you right now.  They are fully 3D kites in the shape of famous Star Wars spaceships. 

 

Available for purchase are an X-Wing, Vader's Tie Fighter and the Millennium Falcon.  All three ships are rendered in amazing detail considering the fact that they're just kites.  To be quite honest, they're suprisingly pretty to look at. 

 

I can't wait for summer to get here now so I can go to the beach and proudly fly an X-Wing kite.  I can pretty much guaran-damn-tee that it will be the coolest kite present whenever it is flown.  My only worry now is possibly running across some Imperial stooge who is flying a Tie Fighter kite.  If that happens, an aerial dogfight is bound to ensue and I can only pray my kite flying skills can help me outfly the pursuing craft.

 

Sadly, Thinkgeek is currently sold out of the Kites, but they do say they'll be getting more in come April.  I'm just going to have to check back in a few months.  Damn . . . . . I hate waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment