Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm Going To Have To Start Watching Burn Notice



 

I've heard from a couple of people that USA's original TV series Burn Notice was actually a good show and was worth watching, but for one miscellaneous reason or another I just never got around to watching it.

 

I've also known for a while now that Bruce Campbell (hallowed by thy name) has a reaccuring role on the series as well.  I was always under the impression though that Bruce's character was a minor background role and that he only popped up occasionally on the series.

 

That may have been true at some point, but it appears that someone over at USA is a genius and finally realized that Bruce Campbell is beloved by millions of geeks and that if they promoted his being in Burn Notice heavily and also beefed up his role in the series, Bruce's already pre-built and highly loyal fanbase would flock to the show in droves to see what he's up to.

 

The result of that decision if the incredibly cool trailer posted above, in which we see Bruce doing what he does best . . . . . . being Bruce.

 

What's funny is that the commercial advertises "Bruce Campbell stars in an all new season of Burn Notice."  Stars in?  He's the star now?  I thought the other guy who played the agent who's the main character of the show was the star of the show.  I guess not anymore.

 

But hey, you aren't going to see me complain.  I'll watch any show that stars Bruce Campbell in a Hawaiian shirt and drinking heavily.  That, to me, is the model for a perfect TV show.

 

"Hey, a free drink is a free drink baby!"  Well said Bruce, well said.  You truly are a great and wise man.

1 comment:

  1. Watch Burn Notice. I love it. Not only does it have the most awe-tastic Bruce Campbell, but it is about spies and a chick who likes guns and blowing people up. It doesn't get much better than that. Actually, last season Bruce definitely started getting more face time. And he provides comic relief. But, the show itself is also decently written. Highly recommend this show.
    I also highly recommend reading If Chins Could Kill-Confessions of a B Movie Actor by Bruce. It is a great read and gives you insite into BC's oh so humble beginnings and how he came to know Sam Raimi.

    ReplyDelete