Friday, January 16, 2009

Growing Up Star Wars: 1977 - 1985

Growing Up Star Wars (1983) by paulmonkeypaul.

 

Someone over at flickr has created an awesome group called Growing Up Star Wars: 1977-1985 in which people are posting their childhood photos in which they are somehow showing their love of Star Wars as a kid.  Whether it be playing with Star Wars Toys, Star Wars halloween costumes, childhood drawings of Star Wars scenes or even just wearing a Star Wars T-shirt, the site has amassed an amazing collection of photos that have captured an entire generation of geeks in their formative years.

 

I only wish I could find any childhood photos of me with my Star Wars stuff so I could add them to the group.  Unfortunately, my parents weren't too big on photos as I was growing up.  Sigh.

 

Looking through the photos, I couldn't help but get nostalgic for those days of old where out in my back yard in the trees and the bushes and the dirt I could reinact the events on the forest moon of Endor with my Star Wars toys.  Oh the many adventures Luke, Han, Chewie and Leia had out in that suburban wilderness.

 

It also made me realize that somehow I don't currently own a Star Wars t-shirt anymore.  This is a horrible tragedy that must be corrected immediately.  Thank god for sites like Stylin Online.

 

(Thanks go to my good friend Christina for pointing out this group to me)

No comments:

Post a Comment