Monday, January 5, 2009

Finally, The Wristwatch We've Been Waiting Over 60 Years For

wristphone1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The wrist watch/phone.  Ever since Dick Tracy used one in the old comics, we've all wanted one.  Admit it.  At some point in your life you saw Dick tracy call the station on his and you wished you and your friend had one of those so you could call each other whenever.  Sure, cell phones are handy and all, but they're just not as cool as talking into your wristwatch is.

 

Now.....finally.....our collective wishes have become a reality.

 

LG has announced that they will be showing off their brand new wristwatch cellphone at CES this year.  It's called the LG-GD910.  It has an HSDPA radio and a 1.43-inch color touchscreen LCD display.  It will also come with text-to-speech capabilities and it will function as an MP3 player.

 

Hot damn.  I have to get me one of these.  If for no other reason than to live out my childhood fantasy of calling up my friends on my wristwatch and saying stuff like, "Come in, come in!  There's a severe lack of alcohol in my body at the moment.  Meet me at the bar in 10 minutes!  Patrick out!"

 

Next, all they need to do is create the Star Trek: The Next Generation communicator button that you can activate with a single touch and my life will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment