Wednesday, January 28, 2009

10 Years of Doctor Manhattan



 

I know I post a lot about the upcoming Watchmen film, and believe me when I say that I am working to bring you only the best things that I find online.  I do sort out the stuff I find and determine which things to post and which to not, and the above video is definitely post worthy.

 

It's a fake 1970 newscast that is looking back on 10 years of living in the shadow of Doctor Manhattan, and it's brilliant.  The clip does an amazing job of capturing the feel of a cheesy 70's newscast.  From the sets to the actors to even the mics they're using, it all looks so good.

 

I think my favorite part though, is the couple of seconds they show of a Doctor Manhattan cartoon show from the 60's.  It looks like the Superfriends which is so rad.

 

This is the kind of stuff that is making me really excited about the Watchmen film.  The sheer level of detail the filmmakers are putting into the project is astounding.  Did they need to make something like this to promote the movie?  No.  But is it super cool that they took the time to make this?  Hells yes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment