Monday, September 29, 2008

Just Another Muppet Monday

 

 

Ok, so I have mixed feelings about this Muppets clip.  First off, it's not really a Muppets clip per se.  I think this is technically a Sesame Street clip.  But Sesame Street is made by the Jim Henson company, so technically they are Muppets, they're just not called Muppets.

 

Secondly, while I'm a fan of REM, I (like most other people) am not a big fan of their song Shiny Happy People.  It's just too happy to be enjoyable.  However, changing the song to Furry Happy Monsters at least makes it amusing to watch. 

 

But what really sold me on this clip, and made me decide to post it, is the Muppet version of the chick from the B-52's.  The fact that the Henson company actually went out of their way to make a Muppet version of her for this video is hilarious.  And the fact that it is scarily accurate to how she really looks just makes it that much better.

 

So, even if you hate the song, you should give this clip a chance.  Even if only to watch the weirdly accurate B-52's Muppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment