Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Evil Dead: The Musical

 

 

Oh my fucking god!  How did I not know this existed.  I swear I must be losing it in my old age!  I officially dock myself 15 geek points for being so badly informed.

 

Evil Dead: The Musical.  Let me say that again more slowly so the impact of it hits you properly.  Evil..Dead: The...fucking...musical!!!

 

Oh it's true, it's true.  Apparently, the show was created with the full approval of both Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell back in 2004.  It ran off-Broadway in 2006 and then ran for 400 shows in Toronto in 2007.  Now there are shows starting up in Seoul, South Korea and in Germany.  How has this not come to LA yet!

 

But if you're worried the show will never come to your town and you'll never get to see it, have no fear.  The creators of the show have now been given permission by Sam Raimi to make a movie adaptation of the musical.  And even better, the movie is going to be in 3D.  So all of the chainsaw limb severing and blood spurting and other flying gore will be coming at you in full three dimensions!

 
The 3D aspect will presumably serve in for the play’s notorious “splatter zone,” in which the first three rows are drenched in a substance that currently eludes me.

 

Oh it will be glorious.  This can't possibly come out soon enough! Just look at how awesome the poster was.

 



 

(Original Link via Toplessrobot)

No comments:

Post a Comment