Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Force Gets Unleashed Today!

 

 

Today marks the next stage in George Lucas' plot to build up enough money to buy Australia.  The new video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed hits store shelves today on pretty much every console known to man.

 

Reviews thus far have been mixed.  Wired.com gave it a rather scathing review saying that while it's not necessarily a bad game, it can be repetitive and boring at times.  Rebelscum.com however gave it a raving review.  But then again, they're a Star Wars fansite, so I highly doubt their accuracy in such matters.

 

Regardless, I do plan to buy the game today after work and will most likely play it obsessively for the next few days.  Once I've gotten a ways in, maybe I'll chime in with my two cents.  Coming from the point of view of an admittedly huge Star Wars fan, you may claim I'm no better than Rebelscum.com to review such a game without bias.  You may be right in that regard, but at the same time I'm a bitter Star Wars fan who has been jaded by crappy prequel films and a gay purple Hutt more recently.  So I have no problem attacking the things I love.

 

Checking out the above commercial though, and having played the demo, the majority of the game looks to be kicking the crap out of everything and everyone with the force.  I don't know about you, but even if the game is repetitive, if I'm throwing lightsabers into Rancor's faces or throwing wookies into trees or beating down an AT-ST with giant hunks of metal I don't think I'm gonna care.

 

Maybe that's just me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment