Tuesday, October 13, 2009

They’re Baaaaaaack!!!

This photo is an actual picture message that was sent to me by Geek-tastic contributor Mattman.  It was so awesome I had to share it.

 

One of the many things I absolutely love about Halloween is going to the store and seeing all sorts of scary decorations or monster themed goodies. As opposed to Christmas where we are treated to an endless number of items featuring either Santa, reindeer, elves or Jesus on them, Halloween gives us cool stuff featuring the likes of vampires, werewolves, ghosts, Frankenstein-like monsters , giant spiders, skeletons and all sorts of other creatures that go bump in the night.

 

No store aisle is immune from Halloween’s monster effects either. Not even your local cereal aisle. October is the one month a year that most of us in the United States can find the likes of Count Chocula, Franken Berry and Boo Berry sitting alongside our usual breakfast fares such as Captain Crunch and Lucky Charms. Technically, the three cereals are produced year round, but only Count Chocula is regularly featured on most store shelves in the United States. Franken Berry and Boo Berry can only be found in stores around Halloween.

 

A quick search of Wikipedia has informed me that all of the cereals can be found year round at Wal-Mart Supercenters in the Mid-west (lucky bastards), but seeing as how I don’t live in the Mid-West and would rather stab my eyes out with rusty hot pokers than step foot in a Wal-mart Supercenter, I’m going to have to just put up with only getting my Franken Berry goodness around Halloween.

 

Of course, I could always get them all year round on Amazon.com as well, but I’m lazy and that’s just too much work. If you’re less lazy than I am though, here’s where you can find the Cereals year round.

 

You can find a 3 pack of all of the Monster cereals HERE.

 

Or you can buy 12 pack sets of individual cereals here:

 

Count Chocula Cereal 10.4 oz/12 count  Count Chocula

 

Frankenberry /12 count  Franken Berry

 

Booberry Cereal 9.6 oz 12 ct  Boo Berry

 

Oh, and lastly, if you’re a huge fan of the Monster Cereals, I highly suggest that you check out this blog, as you’re bound to find tons of stuff you love there that has been posted by fellow lovers of the Count and the Berry’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment