Friday, October 16, 2009

Learn Your ABC's With Wolverine

abc

 

Comic Artist Shawn Murphy is strangely enough an exclusively contracted artist for DC comics, but on the side he's been working on a series of art on his that has Marvel Comics' most popular mutant Wolverine making up each and every letter of the aplhabet. So far, Mr. Murphy has only gotten up to the letter H, but already the series is looking to be more awesome than I can comprehend.

 

Marvel Comics have apparently contacted Murphy about his series, and he's stated that he's not against working with the big M once his contract with DC runs out.

 
I've been approached by two Marvel editors who want me to "switch teams" once my DC exclusive is done, so maybe something with the ABCs can be worked out if that happens. But if you're looking to buy something then find me at a convention next year. My art dealer Paolo at Cadencecomicart.com is looking to make up prints. I'm thinking either prints of the whole alphabet, single prints of each letter, or custom prints for people who want their child's name spelled out for the nursery (which is why the series isn't too violent). Maybe all three. I'll do a poll at some point to see what people would be interested in.

 

Personally, my vote would be for all of the above. Why should we have to choose? I think it would be rad to get a full print of all of the letters as well as individual letters to spell out whatever you wanted. Just imagine how cool the Geek-tastic logo at the top of the page would look if it was spelled out entirely by Wolverine.

 

Be sure to check out Shawn Murphy's Deviant Art page to see his Wolverine Gallery as well as some of his other great work too.

 

(Via IO9)

No comments:

Post a Comment