Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Sadness

 Somedays, I wonder what it would have been like to have been an adult in the 1950's.  No computers, no internet, actually knowing who your neighbors are, etc.

 

I wanted to include this as part of our irregular Random Awesomeness feature, but as awesome as it it, this image just makes me so sad.  This is the cover for the November 2nd issue of the New Yorker.  It was created by artist Chris Ware, and a sadder statement of our modern culture I don't think I've ever seen. 

 

What makes me so depressed by looking at this is knowing entirely how accurate it is.  You and I both know that this Saturday night, this scene will be playing out in suburbs all over America as parents twitter and update their facebook status.  I can see the tweets now.  "Trick 'r Treating with my kids.  Hope they get good candy so I can steal it later."

 

What has our world come to?  Is it just me?  Am I just a curmudgeonly old man who can't get with our modern times?

 

(Via BoingBoing)

2 comments:

  1. That will be me in two days. I'll MMS you a pic on Halloween night right after I update my Facebook status.

    ReplyDelete