Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Six Years After Being So Wrongly Cancelled, Futurama Will be Getting Brand New Episodes

 

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

 

There were rumors of this last week, but I absolutely hate to report rumors here at Geek-tastic.  If the rumors end up not being true, then I feel guilty for having gotten people's hopes up only to have them so cruelly dashed by the harsh realities of life.  But now the rumors have been confirmed, so I am totally free to report on this awesome news.

 

Futurama is getting a new season of brand new episodes!!!  You'll have to excuse me here as I let my feelings on this matter known.

 

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!  Holy god damned bananas this is awesome!!!  There is justice in the universe afterall!!!  Life is worth living!!!  Philip J. Fry and Bender"Bending" Rodriguez and Leela and Dr. Zoidberg and Professor Farnsworth and the rest of the Planet Express crew are coming back!!!  Did I already say WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!?

 

In case you couldn't tell, this has me a little excited.

 
As rumored on Collider.com, Futurama will return to TV on Comedy Central six years after being axed by Fox, Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello reported.

 

A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox Television confirmed the pickup to Ausiello, who reported that the cable network has ordered 26 new episodes of Matt Groening and David X. Cohen's animated series, to begin airing in 2010.

 

Fuck yeah!!!  Futurama is basically one of my all time favorite TV shows ever.  After it was originally cancelled by Fox (those bastards) I was heart broken.  I only managed to get by due to the greatness of the folks over at Adult Swim who dilligently played reruns of the show every weeknight at 11pm.  Those reruns helped me get through college.  Then came the straight-to-DVD movies and live was good again, but it was only for a short time.  Now, once again, we will be honored with the greatness that is weekly installments of new Futurama episodes. 

 

Good god I can't wait.  When will these new episodes air???  Don't leave me hanging!  I need to know, and I need to know NOW!!!

2 comments:

  1. This news excites me to no end as well! I just finally picked up Bender's Game (loved it!) and still need to get my hands on Wild Green Yonder.
    What do you think if Beast with a Million Backs? That one was very strange. Probably my least favorite Futurama episode/movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, agreed. That one was odd. I enjoyed Bender's game though. And Wild Green Yonder is pretty solid too. Billion Backs was easily the weakest of the new films.

    ReplyDelete