Thursday, June 18, 2009

Guess Who's Not Going To Be Dead Much Longer



 

Yeah, this is so totally not a shocker.  It turns out Steve Rogers, the original Captain America, isn't dead afterall.  Exactly how he survived being shot . . . in the throat . . . I have no idea.  I'm going to love hearing how they explain this one away though.  The guy was shot and bled to death in front of a group of people.  That's sort of hard to fake. 

 

It's not like it matters though.  No one ever stays dead in comics forever, so I can't even say I'm annoyed at this.  We all knew when Cap was killed that it was all a big publicity stunt, and that he'd be back sooner or later to once again done the mask and shield.  And besides, who wants to read anything where Bucky is running around as Captain America anyways.  Hmmm, Bucky.  There's another guy who didn't stay dead.

 

I know I may sound bitter or something here, but I'm really not.  I like Captain America, and I'll be glad to see the original Cap back in action.  I just would have liked to have seen Marvel play out his death for a little longer than 2 and a half years.  The longer a hero is gone, the more important their comeback is when it happens.  In comic time, 2 and a half years is nothing, so by bringing him back now, it's like we haven't even really had the right amount of time to miss him yet. 

 

Oh well, whatever.  At least Cap is coming back.  Now if only we can undo that stupid Spider-man: One More Day storyline.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad Steve's coming back. I was just really starting to like the guy. And like you say, there's really no such thing as dead in the comics. It's still only a matter of time before Jean Grey comes back and even after seeing Wolverine cut Sabertooths head off, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.
    Personally, I want all this no Bruce Wayne bullshit to end. You know he's coming back, why make us wait two years or whatever to read a real batman story! So annoying!

    ReplyDelete