Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Achievement Unlocked: 1,000 Posts Made

Wow, 1,000 posts.  This calls for a drink!

 

A little over a year ago, out of a desire to do something creative, I decided to share my love of all things Geeky with the world at large and went about making plans for a nerd news blog.  Then, July 23rd, 2008 . . . Geek-tastic.com was born. 

 

The site's first post was a simple welcome message which promised great things to come in the following months.  Now here we are, 1,000 posts later and Geek-tastic has definitely grown from it's humble beginning.  Earlier this year we started the Geek-tastic Podcast which now has 5 episodes for your listening pleasure.  We've also started up the Geek-tastic web comic which is drawn wonderfully by our resident artist Mattman (pictured above in the Evil Dead T-shirt).

 

I look forward to bringing you more great posts and features in the months and years ahead.  Next month is the San Diego Comic Con once again, and I'll personally be covering the event once again for Geek-tastic and will be uploading photos daily to the Geek-tastic Flickr Account.

 

I'd like to take this opportunity to also thank those of you who have helped contribute in some way, shape or form to the site over the last 1,000 posts.  In no Particular order, my thanks go out to . . .

 

  • Josh Lander - For hosting the site and helping me set it up.  I really am technically retarded, and without his help this site would never have gotten off the ground.

  • Gustavo Ayon - For creating the original Geek-tastic guy and girl, and for making them look so awesome.

  • Matt Jeffrey - For co-hosting the podcast, for drawing the web comic, and for his always enjoyable Batman updates.

  • Wes Strawther - For his posts and the long lost Wednesday Wes Rants which I hope will someday return.

  • Ned Cato Jr. for allowing me to join in with the good folks over at the GeekRoundTable and for inspiring me to want to create my own site and podcast.

  • Johann Joseph and Robert Magness for joining in on our Podcasting goodness.


 

And finally, a huge thanks to everyone who has read the site and has supported it up to this point.  Thank you all so much for reading and commenting and being so great.  I really appreciate it.

 

Here's to another thousand posts!  I'll do my best to make to make them great.

No comments:

Post a Comment